Don't let rodents ruin your property! Any rodent can damage your property and create a serious health hazard. When you suspect you have rodents in your home or business, call our experienced pest control team for a free assessment at your location! We're based in Weymouth and Dorchester and offer expert rodent control and removal services across Dorset.
We deal with:
Even if you have a good standard of hygiene and proofing, rat and mouse infestations can still occur. If rats or other rodents have entered your home or business and are causing a problem, it will be necessary to remove them. We will also put preventative measures in place to ensure the pests don’t return.
The Danger Of Rats
Rats carry diseases, it’s as simple as that. Rats can invade your home throughout the year, cause damage and put your family’s health at risk by causing illness through disease transmission. Diseases transmitted by rats fall into one of two categories; diseases transmitted directly and diseases transmitted indirectly.
Diseases directly transmitted by rats are:
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Rat – Bite Fever
Diseases indirectly transmitted by rats are:
- Colorado Tick Fever
- Cutaneous Leishmaniosis
Signs of Rat Infestation
Rats are most active during the night, therefore it is easier to spot the signs of a rat infestation than the actual rat. Here are six signs that could indicate that you have a potential rat problem:
- Footprints – Rats leave foot and tail marks in dusty and less-used areas of your home.
- Rat Droppings – Rat droppings can be found close to where the rats are nesting.
- Rub Marks – Grease and dirt on their bodies leave smudges on surfaces.
- Scratching Noises – Rats are agile climbers and can be often found in lofts, you may hear scratching noises at night.
- Rat Holes – Rats are able to dig extensive holes for shelter, food storage and nesting.
- Rat Nests – Rats will shred available materials such as cardboard or loft insulation to make their nests.
Top Tips for Rat Proofing Your Property
- Clear up pet food and bird feed when you are not using it.
- Compost bins should be fastened tightly, or food waste kept to a minimum.
- Keep all foods in sealed containers.
- Ensure outdoor bins have secure lids.
- Fill holes in exterior walls, roofing cavities, and eaves.
- Disgustingly, rats have been caught swimming up drains, round u-bends and into toilets – so put the lid down!
Contact Us for Rat, Mouse and Rodent Control in Dorset
If you have heard scratching noises or spotted any of the signs mentioned, we recommend acting quickly to ensure the potential infestation doesn’t spread any further. Don’t hesitate to get in touch today by calling 01305 708 519 or 07811 453 722.